Interested in Finding Out More?
The Nyack Boat Club is a member-owned and operated sailing club, with programs and facilities available to its members and their guests. As noted below, we have two kinds of membership; General which is a full membership, and Seasonal Membership for Special Activities, including two programs for adults (Ideal 18 Sailing and Sunset Sailing) and our program for children (Junior Sailing). If you're considering either General or Season membership, we'd love to hear from you. Here's how:
- Click on 'CONTACT' and fill out the form with your personal information including email, telephone, and address.
- In the pull down menu 'Category' select a category based on your interest (Sailing for Children, Sailing for Adults, Sailing for Boat Owners, etc.). If you're not yet sure, or have many interest, you may choose General Inquiry.
- In the 'Subject' line, in a few words give us an overview of where your interests lie.
- In the 'Message' line please provide us with a bit more information including how you heard of us, past sailing experience if any, type of boat you own or wish to own, interest in racing, or what ever you feel would help explain what you are looking for in a sailing club.
General membership in the Nyack Boat Club is comprised of Provisional, Junior, Active and Senior members. General members are full voting members of the club and participate in the running of the club through a work service obligation. General members are entitled to full use of the facilities... (more info).
Seasonal Membership (Special Activity Members)
Club sailing programs are only available to members, and NBC offers Seasonal Membership for individuals and families who would like to become acquainted (or reacquainted) with sailing and our Club before deciding to join as a General Member. Seasonal members enjoy many of the benefits of membership and the opportunity to participate in Club sailing programs using Club-owned boats. Club programs available to seasonal members include two programs for adults (1. Ideal 18 Sailing, and 2.Sunset Sailing), and our summer program for school-age children (Junior Sailing)
Every member of the Nyack Boat Club, whether General Member or Seasonal Member enjoys these benefits throughout the entire season:
· Access to the Club —including the Pub and Galley -- for themselves, their families and their guests.
· Invitations to all social functions.
· Use of Club-owned kayaks.
· Access to private sailing lessons for an additional fee.
· Membership in a Club Fleet with opportunities to participate in Fleet sailing and social events.
· Volunteer opportunities with other members on Club events and special projects.
|Benefits, Terms, Requirements
Seasonal Member for Special Activities
Seasonal (opening day through closing day)
Maximum membership time
One season for Ideal 18 Sailing and Sunset Sailing
Club service obligation
Access to facilities
Use club for private events
None. Access to program sessions and Club-owned boats.
Last updated 8:10pm on 17 February 2024